Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart


Your local energy efficiency experts      

Building Services

Subsidised energy efficiency products and services

                                                    1300 781 614

   VEU upgrades & rebates

   House Energy As​sessments


Uprading slab heaters

This article answers common questions about claiming rebate for installing heat pump split systems.

How does the rebate work?

You apply for the rebate after you installed the new heater/AC. When processed and approved by our regulator we will pay cash to your nominated account (the process takes 2 to 4 weeks from lodging).     

How much rebate can I get?

The rebate depends on the brand and model of the product installed, type of the old product decommissioned, the postcode (the climate) and fluctuating certificate price. Please advise the brand/model or send us a quote from the installer and we will quote the exact amount rebate for your claim.

Decommissioning scenarios for upgrading slab heaters (min 100 sqm)

Current rebate

New rebate after 30/4/2023

Slab heater upgraded to 6-star ducted gas heater



Slab heater upgraded to non/ducted RCAC



What do I have to do?

You need to 

- Get a quote from your selected HVAC company or installer (plumber). Best to get 2 or 3 as prices can vary.

- Ensure the new product is approved for rebate

- Take pictures before and after (distance and close ups of brand/model/serial)

- Take pictures of decommissioning (rendering permanently inoperable, ensuring the old product cannot be re-used)

- Provide invoice for works specifying brand and model of the installed product

- Provide certificates (VBA and electrical) with brand/model/serial number of new product and decommission details

- Fill in and sign the claim form, and get the installer to sign 

Does the installer need to be accredited with VEU? 

No. But the installer must be a licenced plumber. 

How do I start?

To process the rebate using upgrade options currently available register on our Contact Us page. We will send you approved product list, the claim form and a step-by-step checklist to complete the activity and collect the required evidence.